If you usually purchase the expensive top variety of dog food, it’s probably causing your bank account to choke a little, Your priority as a dog owner should be your pet’s health. However, if you’re the budget is low, you will find it quite easy to make some of these healthy dog food recipes. Try these cheap but healthy dog food recipes at home – your doggie will surely love it plus you get to save a lot of your hard-earned money!
Recipe Name: Healthy Doggy Beefloaf
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 kilogram lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups grated mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (preferably gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- Mix all ingredients together until well-blended.
- Press mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven (350F) for 40 minutes.
- Cool completely then refrigerate overnight before serving.
Recipe Name: Pooch Fruit and Veggie Blend
What you need:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Using a fork, pierce several holes into the sweet potato.
- Place sweet potato in the baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven for 1 hour.
- Cool sweet potato when ready then chop into small pieces. Mix together sweet potato, banana slices, quinoa and peas in 3 equal servings.
- Store uneaten servings in the freezer.
Recipe Name: Dogs Meat Cake
What you need:
- 8 eggs
- 4 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 2 3/4 kilograms ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, carrots, potatoes, celery, and ground beef.
- Stir in brown rice, rolled oats, olive oil and salt.
- Divide meat mixture evenly into muffin cups, pat down with a spatula to make mixture firm. Bake in a pre-heated oven (400F) until the surface of the cakes feel set, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow cooling completely. Turn muffin cups aside down over dog bowl to serve. Place in resealable plastic bags and freeze to store.